Midwestern International Student Program
Quincy University’s warm, welcoming environment makes it a perfect place for international students to begin or continue their college education, meet new friends, and explore life in the United States.
International Students Admission Requirements/Processes
Quincy University is approved by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to accept and enroll nonimmigrant international students.
DOCUMENTS AND PROCEDURES –
Applicants from international countries must file the following credentials with the Office of Admissions by June 1 for fall semester and by October 1 for spring semester:
1) Complete and sign a Quincy University Application for Undergraduate or Graduate Admission
2) An official copy of the original transcript(s) of all high school and/or college work (an English translation of the original transcript(s) is required).
3) All applicants from non-English speaking schools must submit the results of the “Test of English as a Foreign Language” (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). An official copy of the TOEFL or IELTS test scores must be sent to Quincy University. Minimum scores of 550 (paper) or 80 (online) on the TOEFL are required for admission, and minimum scores of 6.5 on the IELTS are required for admission.
4) Submit a writing sample based on a prompt provided by the Office of Admissions.
5) The Admissions Committee may require an interview with an Admissions staff member for admission to the University.
6) A financial statement (certified) attesting to the ability of the student to meet all University costs including tuition, residential expenses, health insurance, and travel/incidental expenses must be notarized and have appropriate signatures. Click HERE for form.
7) Submit a $1,200 non-refundable fee.
After gaining admission to Quincy University, and the Office of Admissions has received notarized documentation of financial support, Quincy University will issue the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status (I-20), which is necessary to obtain a visa from an American Embassy to enter and study in the United States. A certified check payable in U.S. dollars covering the total semester cost for tuition, room, board, and health insurance must be received by the University by August 1 for fall semester and December 15 for spring semester. All charges must be settled by August 1 for fall and December 15 for spring- international enrollment costs are not eligible for a payment plan. All international students are required to participate in a health insurance program.
International students are guests in the United States, and as such, are subject to obeying Federal, State, and Local laws. Violations of the law or any policies of the University, including but not limited to academic, personal conduct, or fiscal policies, will subject the student to dismissal from the University and result in the cancelation of authorization to study in the United States.
Please mail all correspondence and required information to:
Office of Admissions
1800 College Avenue
Quincy, IL 62301-2699 U.S.A
We’ll Help Make Quincy Your Home
Maintaining Your Student Status
As an international student, you are subject to immigration laws imposed by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). You must keep your basic documents valid. If you entered the United States as a student, you must maintain that status by enrolling in a minimum number of credit hours (12 hours for undergraduate students and 9 hours for graduate students). Failure to maintain status will result in a loss of all F-1 benefits and may provide the INS grounds to begin deportation proceedings.
On-campus employment may be an option for students with an F-1 visa if jobs are available. The Office of Human Resources maintains a list of on-campus jobs available to students. Learn more.
Meet Your Counselor
Dominic will help you discover all there is to know about Quincy University. He can answer your questions about college life, financial aid, applying, traveling to the United States, and more. Get to know Dominic.